Saturday, November 29, 2008

Santa and Christmas Shopping

Kai asked me the other day where Santa lives! I told him about the North Pole and he said,  "I want to go there. Can we go see him there?" I then explained that we could go see him in a few weeks when he comes to the mall and he can tell him what he wants. Apparently that wasn't good enough. He said, "I want to see him. I'm going to stay awake before Christmas so I can see him when he comes!" This is such a fun age!

We went shopping for a few toys on black friday and we took the kids with us. It's getting  a lot harder to hide things from Kai! We let them play with the toys all through the store and then told them it was time to put them back (we do this a lot so they are used to that). Jeremy took the kids away while I checked out and I put Jeremy's jacket over the top right as they came back. Only, I forgot to cover it down lower, at Kai's eye level so he saw them right away and said, "mom didn't put those back!" So we pretended again!

This time Jeremy took the kids to the car and I followed a short distance behind (because I was supposed to be returning the toys). He put them in the car, then we put the toys in. All set, we pulled it off! Wait, just kidding....

We didn't know that one of the toys made noise (a  big transformer). Every time we hit a bump we heard noise and Kai would say things like, "I heard Bumblebee again!" or, "I heard the toy that mom didn't put back!" So we just turned up the radio and tried to ignore it saying we had no idea what it was! haha We "fixed" the problem the next time we stopped! : )

Guess next time I'll find a babysitter!!


2 comments:

Crystal said...

How fun, and what a smartypants! Here's hoping he forgets before Christmas. :) Abby's still in the stage where unwrapping might be funner than the toy itself.

Kimberly said...

Busted! We read a story tonight about Santa and Colton has been learning about fact and fantasy. I asked him which this story was. He said both because Santa is fact and talking bears are fantasy. Cute age.